On Valentine's Day, it's very important to acknowledge your partner and honor your relationship. For those who aren't able or fond of spending lots of money on gifts however, try one (or all!) of these Valentine's Day ideas to say I love you.
- Make a meal only out of heart-shaped items, foods that are red, or both. Try red velvet cake, valentini martini, fruit and cheese salad or a heart shaped cake.
- Knit a scarf.
- Write a love letter to say I love you.
- Create handmade coupons with gifts your partner can use anytime, such as a massage or a night out on the town with friends.
- Does your partner ever ask you why you love them? Then create your own little booklet using dollar store items just for them entitled, "Why I Love You: # Reasons".
- Make a mixed CD of all of your favorite songs, or create a compilation of love songs that remind you of your mate. Better yet, learn how to play one of these love songs on the guitar and serenade him or her on Valentine's Day.
- Learn how to take erotic photos of each other with a digital camera.
- Make your own fortune cookies to take along to a Chinese food restaurant for dinner, and use them to woo your date on Valentine's Day.
- Grab some construction paper and cut out as many hearts as you like. On each one, share a story about your relationship that shows how much you care. Once finished, take the hearts and string them individually from the ceiling so it looks like your home is raining love.
- Purchase some clear red balloons. Before blowing them up, place either wrapped candies, small gifts, and/or love poems inside each one, and then give them to your loved one as a bouquet.
All of the above things are extremely simple to do. I have made mixed cd's before to express my love through words that I could not explain completely. My personal favorite from this list is number 10. The reason why I really like it is that it is not only clever, but you are able to show your feelings through different materials.
Even though I know I will be single this again this year. I am still happy since I am working to get my life back in order. My hiatus from poems and writing has been caused by putting together an email list to offer a service to artists.